At Mini Entrepôt Iberville we want you to have a great self-storage
experience so here are some tips on how to handle your storage process.
- Plan ahead - keep your frequently needed items at the front of your unit where you can get them easily.
- Cover up - protect your furniture, including mattresses and box springs with covers or blankets.
- Think vertical - make the best use of your storage space by stacking and placing heavier items on the bottom to the lighter items on top.
- Be careful - use a stool to stack and reach items stored above your head.
- Optimize your storage area - break down any furniture that has removable parts and legs. Stack chairs seat-to-seat with towels or
blankets between them.
- Multi-task items - use your refrigerator or other appliances and bureaus to store smaller items. Slightly open the door of any appliances
so air can circulate inside.
- Label - mark every box with its contents, and keep a written inventory as you pack.
- Right size box - use large boxes for light items (linens, pillows, lamps) and smaller boxes for heavier items (books, CDs). Pack small
things carefully into boxes with appropriate protective materials.
- This side up - if you combine different weights of items in one box, always put the heavier things on the bottom and mark the box
"this side up."
- Do not overload - packed boxes should only weigh as much as you can lift without straining.
- Tape it up - make sure all your packed boxes are securely sealed with packing tape, with the tops flat (to make it easier to stack them).
- Hang it up - use a wardrobe box to hang clothing, curtains and other fabrics that need to breathe and be kept crease-free.
- Break it down - disassemble bed frames and tie them together with tape or rope. Use small plastic bags to store screws and bolts and
tape them to the frame that they belong to.
- Fragile items - wrap dishes and glassware individually with paper and pad the box with more packing paper or bubble wrap.